Sweet Potato Cranberry Bake
Using two super food ingredients that you wouldn't normally think to put together, this recipe screams Thanksgiving and that comfort feeling you get around the holidays. Feel free to add orange extract/essential oil or orange zest for extra orange flavor.
- 3 large sweet potatoes
- 2 cups cranberries fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup Swerve brown sugar
- 1 orange, juiced and add water to make 1/2 cup
- 1/4 cup Swerve brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 4 Tbsp walnuts
- 2 Tbsp butter
- Bake or boil sweet potatoes until cooked through. When cool to touch, cut in 1/4 inch slices
- Placed half in greased 2.5 quart baking dish. Top with half cranberries, brown sugar and butter. Repeat layers.
- Pour orange juice and water over top. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, cinnamon, and walnuts; cut in butter.
- Sprinkle over sweet potato mixture. Bake until topping is golden brown, about 10 extra minutes.
Health tip: One serving of this classic side dish provides all the vitamin A your body needs for the day.