Black Cocoa Low Carb Peanut Butter Cups
Halloween is coming in 2 weeks and I want to be prepared with my own stash of treats. This is a modified version from our beloved THM "Treece's" peanut butter cup using black cocoa powder. If you haven't tried black cocoa powder, you don't know what you're missing! It's reminiscent of an oreo cookie and blended with peanut butter ... this recipe is a winner!
- 1/2 cup refined coconut oil melted (the refined does not have the coconut flavor)
- 3 Tbsp sweetener I use Truvia
- 6 Tbsp black cocoa powder
- Pinch of salt
- Splash of vanilla
- 1/2 cup coconut oil melted
- 3 Tbsp sweetener or more to taste
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup peanut flour this reduces calories but you could totally use 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2 pinches salt
- Line muffin tin with parchment paper liners. I used mini liners this time.
- Mix all ingredients in chocolate base section.
- Mix all ingredients in peanut butter section.
- With a small scoop or spoon, put chocolate in the bottom of 14 liners.
- Refrigerate for 5 minutes.
- Then spoon the peanut butter mixture on top.
- Refrigerate another 5 minutes and they are done!
Make sure if you use a granular sweetener to run it through a grinder so it’s more of a powder. Although if you don’t, it still tastes as good!