Roasted Japanese Sweet Potato Salad
Enjoy the summer with this yummy salad recipe. Don't even bother peeling the skin off of the potato. The skin is rich in fiber, nutrients, and antioxidants that can help support a healthy gut, increase feelings of fullness and may prevents chronic illness. You can serve it warm, room temperature, or cold. My preference is to make it the night before and eat cold the next day.
- 1 ¼ pound Japanese sweet potatoes washed and cut into 1” cubes
- coconut oil spray
- ½ tsp Himalayan pink salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 15-ounce can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 medium red bell pepper seeded and diced small
- 1 cup corn
- 3 green onions trimmed and thinly sliced
Cilantro Lime Dressing:
- ½ bunch cilantro with stems washed
- Juice and zest of one lime
- 2 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Water
- 1 clove Garlic
- ¼ tsp Himalayan pink salt
- 1 doonk stevia
- Dash or 3 of hot sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray baking sheet with cooking spray and add the sweet potatoes in a flat layer. Spray again with cooking spray and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 1 hour or until fork tender. Flip halfway through cooking
- To a large bowl add black beans, corn, and red pepper. Set aside.
- To a blender, combine all dressing ingredients. Set aside.
- Once potatoes are cooked, pour into bowl with black beans. Add dressing and mix. Can be served warm, room temp, but much better cold after sitting overnight.